What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad speakers

valg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a fairly new ipad and have just purchased Apple ipad Xtreme Black Stereo speakers. I have not used headphones or any other speakers with the ipad up until today. When I attach the speakers the sound is quieter than without the speakers. I have tried the speakers with my laptop and they work brilliantly - amplifying the sound and giving a sound level in excess of the sound from the laptop speakers. I have tried another set of old PC speakers and found the same - they amplify the sound from the laptop, but in the ipad they reduce the level of sound!
I have checked that the Settings in "ipod" has not been limited, and I have checked that the jack is fully pushed in.
Any ideas??:(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask, because you didn't mention it, but did you try turning up the volume on the iPad itself, after the speakers are plugged in? The iPad keeps a different volume setting for the jack and built in speaker.

Other than that, I don't' have any ideas at the moment.

OP
V

valg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genius! Had no idea the 2 volumes were different. ipad was on max volume so it didn't occur to me to keep turning up the volume. Works a treat.

Val:)

Most reactions

Latest posts