What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password problem since updating

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me please? I’m a total novice with anything to do with computers so please excuse me. I have a ipad air2 and only use it for searching the internet and emailing. I did the new update today and now seem to have turned off save passwords somehow also I never use a password to open my ipad but its now asking me to put a password in. How can I put my ipad back to how it was before I updated it? Thank you for any help with my problem. Alan.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad s requiring you to set a passcode to open it. This is not the same as the passwords to Apps and Websites. This passcode cannot be automatically put in by Autofill, which you need to turn back on if you want your general passwords stored.

OP
A

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello jupiter, Thank you for getting back to me, when I first purchased the ipad my granddaughter tried to help me set it up and made a passcode and also a password because I didn’t realise that they were different I locked myself out and it took 3 days to get the ipad up and running again. I asked her to remove any passwords and codes which she did and I never had a problem with it it since.I have updated the ipad when one was available but this time I have this problem. I have looked into settings and autofill is already ticked.Alan.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use a simple four digit password (although for security reasons I have a much longer one). You can then go to Password Settings and select when that password is required, if at all.

OP
A

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again,
No I’m not locked out its just won’t save any passwords and it keeps saying I have to put a code in. I have looked at my diary where I save some info in and there is a passcode if I put that in would it block my ipad if it turns out to be the wrong one? Sorry about all the questions.Alan.

OP
A

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Jupiter,
I have solved my problem it seems, thank you for the help you have given.Alan.

Most reactions

Latest posts