What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user had iPad 4 days non-existent touch passcode locked????

boho_julie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI

Have been using the touch access on new iPad air2. Today recharged and it now asks for passcode before I can use, problem is I didn't ever set one up. Have googled all morning, tried to connect through iTunes and iCloud but both saying iPad is locked and needs password first. I tried to erase and reset to factory settings through iTunes and iCloud and same problem. Can anyone help please?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you quite sure you didn't create a passcode? You normally need one to merely access the Touch ID settings.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds as if you were not actually using Touch ID to start your device - just the standard Home button - and it is now asking you to set up a Passcode.

OP
B

boho_julie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure I didn't create a passcode but if I did I had a complete and utter blank about it. I worked out the resolve in the end, needed to turn off the FIND MY PHONE in iCloud and then it let me wipe to factory settings in iTunes and start again. This time if did ask me to create one so perhaps I had temporary amnesia!

Thanks for responses.

Most reactions