What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passcode Nightmare!!!!

Dooder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here's the story....

I bought an iPad 3g via craigslist this afternoon from a guy who three months ago had purchased two for his business and ended up only needing one. I was at a good price but the caveat being that he forgot his passcode. I assumed that this shouldn't be an issue and went ahead and bought it.

I've now spent the last 4 hours trying to jailbreak it hoping that will reset the whole thing because I can't via itunes because the ipad is locked and thus I don't have access to it via itunes.

Is there any hope???????????????????????

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To do a total restore, you install iTunes on your computer, hook up your iPad and then you can restore. This will of course remove the jailbreak, but the good news is that you will have an iPad you can actually use!

OP
D

Dooder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's one of the problems because itunes won't let it sync in the first place because it's locked up. There no ipad on the left menu bar for me to access the ipad's preferences, properties, or whatever you go into to do the reset. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
D

Dooder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind, I was able to get into restore mode with a jailbreak program. I probably could have done without the program but i dont have dem 'puter brains.

Thx for the response C4!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
That's one of the problems because itunes won't let it sync in the first place because it's locked up. There no ipad on the left menu bar for me to access the ipad's preferences, properties, or whatever you go into to do the reset. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the ipad has a passcode on it and you dont know the passcode. The only way to reset it via iTunes is to first put the ipad into DFU mode. itunes will then detect the ipad in DFU mode and give the opting to wipe all the info on the ipad and reset it to factory.

Most reactions

Latest posts