What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! I bought a used IPAD 1 model, and want to connect to Itunes for first time...

roccotanto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello IPAD Forums -- been lurking here for a while reading, as I waited for my chance to get my very own IPAD.

I tried EVERY OTHER tablet style device, and did not like ANY of them nearly as much as the IPAD.

Anyhow -- I bought a used IPAD from a private seller on Craigslist -- I know it's not stolen, as he removed the passcode and cleared his cache and other personal info off the IPAD before I bought it, and he spent an hour with me showing me how to use it, as well as a bunch of his photography work (he is a pro photog) -- and he has upgraded to the IPAD 2

However, there are some cool apps on this IPAD that I would like to keep, so I have not done a total reset of the device yet -- I have read the instructions on how to do that, and that might be my best bet, but I really don't want to lose a few apps on the IPAD.

What will happen if I connect the IPAD to Itunes now? I have Itunes up and running on my computer, but have not made my own account yet, and do not have any media in Itunes yet.

What is my best course of action here? I want to buy some more apps, and put some music on my IPAD, as well as delete a bunch of his old photos off there that are probably taking up a few GB of memory.

Thanks in advance!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can't keep his apps. They don't belong to you, you would need his account details anyway which I doubt he's given you.

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't keep his apps. They don't belong to you, you would need his account details anyway which I doubt he's given you.

That's it.

If they are free there is no problem: just download them. About paid apps,
well you can buy them anew and they will be yours for ever, like the person who sold you the iThing. No matter the change of hardware 'cause he will recuparate these apps in the new iPad2.

Apps are linked to the account. Your iTunes account.

Hello&welcome&bye :) Roccotanto.

MacTypePlay

OP
R

roccotanto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the advice...it's only a couple of $5 apps, so no worries....i will just to a hard reset and start from scratch, and set everything up like it's a new one, and then sign up for my own itunes account, etc.

and no...i'm not gonna ask one question and leave -- i'll be hanging out and posting, reading, learning, etc.

i'm a musician who composes electronic and ambient music, and i love the possibilities with the IPAD :)

Most reactions

Latest posts