What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paring my Samsung bluetooth cell with my iPad Mini

Paradiseisle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Mini is jailbroke, my Samsung cell see my iPad, but my iPad will not pair with my Samsung. Have Cydia app in my iPad Mini. All I want to do is have my iPad to see my bluetooth on the Samsung so I can use my grandfarthered in AT&T 3G. My Samsung pairs with my Macbook Air and my iMac...:(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad Mini is jailbroke, my Samsung cell see my iPad, but my iPad will not pair with my Samsung. Have Cydia app in my iPad Mini. All I want to do is have my iPad to see my bluetooth on the Samsung so I can use my grandfarthered in AT&T 3G. My Samsung pairs with my Macbook Air and my iMac...:(

Can your Samsung phone generate a WiFi hotspot? If so, you could connect via WiFi instead of Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No bluetooth involved at all. Bluetooth on iPads is for headphones and keyboards, just about nothing else.

Just use your phone as a wifi hotspot and you are good to go.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No bluetooth involved at all. Bluetooth on iPads is for headphones and keyboards, just about nothing else.

Just use your phone as a wifi hotspot and you are good to go.

You can also connect to the Internet via Bluetooth from a personal hotspot generated by an iPhone. I've tried it and it works.

OP
P

Paradiseisle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I donot have an iPhone, If I trade up I will lose my grandfathered in unlimited internet! I need my iPad to "see" and Pair with my Samsung rugby bluetooth cell phone. Does anyone out there have a plan....?

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have Samsung SII and I connect to my ipad mini via Bluetooth and I tether my ipad mini to it. I can use my ipad mini to surf on my Samsung with no problems.

OP
P

Paradiseisle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Samsung Rugby is not a smart phone, that is why I can get unlimited net use for 15.00 per month, it does not have Hot Spot capabilities. I can use bluetooth to connect to my Macbook Air just fine, by my iPad mini will not recognize the phone. If you have found a workaround please let me know.

Thanks, ParadiseIsle

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow sounds great! How did you do that? Thanks.

As I said there was no work around, it just worked. Just enable Bluetooth on both and connect. once connected, on Samsung goto settings, (you may have to tap on !"more..." option" then go to "Wireless and network" then to "Tethering and portable hotspot", then enable "Bluetooth tethering". That is it. Now you can use any network app on the ipad mini. Careful if using limited data though.

Most reactions

Latest posts