1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Outlook email sync

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bobwhitlow, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bobwhitlow

bobwhitlow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using Outlook 2010 for my mail, and have a few elementary questions. I am a "former" Android user, and am used to OTA syncing with gmail, etc.

Must I connect via usb to sync with my Ipad(wifi only)?

I can recieve new mail , etc. it seems, but seem to not be able to delete email. Get message saying " Unable to delete email at this time....." Calandar sync is a mystery to me, also. Can new events imputted via my laptop be done OTA to Ipad?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but getting use to Apple seems to be a challange for me

Thanks

bobwhitlow
  2. Bluesjam

Bluesjam iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    IMHO, to be able to mark as read, delete and so on from your iphone to your email on Outlook it needs to be IMAP not POP3. I had a POP and started a Gmail IMAP and now i have full control over my email on Outlook. As far as the calandar goes I'm in the cloud so I'm sync'd everywhere.
  3. bobwhitlow

bobwhitlow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0