What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outgoing email via iPad2

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've a strange situation whilst sending email. When I send them to myself in cc or a member of my company, they get sent and are received ok. When i send them to other people, they sometimes get blocked and a message comes up "rejected by server". What i don't understand is why do they get sent sometimes and not others. What makes it more confusing is that when I set up the outgoing smtp it (same as the incoming server) it states that its not valid (the setting for port is 995), yet i can still send a test email to myself. Help would be very much appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have seen my reply to your other posts discussing the Port 995 blocking policy and a suggested possible way around this.

Tim

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim. All now ok and thanks for the tip. 465 on the outgoing address did the trick.

Most reactions

Latest posts