What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox for iPad

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted the Defender but it was so late to market that I had to buy something else. Too bad for me.

OP
iDharma

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted the Defender but it was so late to market that I had to buy something else. Too bad for me.

Same here. And too bad for them - they've lost an innumerable number of sales due to the delay in getting the product out.

Alas.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Zoo Gue showed up yesterday of course?

So I ordered the Defender today.....as I knew I would.

They have save my various phones for years now and there is no way I am not getting the iPad into one as soon as possible!

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Defender vs Commuter ?

It appears that the main difference between the Defender and the Commuter is that snap on cover that gets used for the easel base.

Does that snap on cover go on the bottom when not used for the easel, or can it be snapped over the screen to give it some impact protection? If it does snap over the screen, I would hope that the back still has some impact protection. Does it?

I realize that the screen gets a clear film applique, but being able to cover the screen with a hard plastic cover seems like a good way to protect it for travel.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like how the commuter works with the iPad dock, this will be a major selling point for some people

HarlyFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Defender case is very bulky in their other cases they are ruggedly designed, I too am interested to know what your thoughts are when you get your case.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the Defender case for my BlackBerry and Iphone so far and the Commuter case for the Hero.

I have come to rely on an Otterbox to help me save my device from ME!
I am on construction sites a lot and I also seem to drop or launch a phone more than normal.

I use an iPad in the same environments and am always nervous I will hurt it.

So far I have had nothing but good to say about every Otterbox I have had or suggested to someone else.
They also have the best customer service I have ever seen,no exceptions!

I am dying to get the case and will report back here when I do.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The otterbox cases look interesting for sure. I like the idea of having the cover on the defender, but the bulkiness of it seems a bit too much. The commuter seems to be more slender, but paying that much and not having a screen cover seems a little too pricey. I'll have to wait and see some reviews of both before I make a decision to get one.

Last edited:

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The otterbox cases look interesting for sure. I like the idea of having the cover on the defender, but the bulkiness of it seems a bit too much. The commuter seems to be more slender, but paying that much and not having a screen cover seems a little too pricey. I'll have to wait and see some reviews of both before I make a decision to get one.

I thought the defender and commuter came with a plastic screen cover like the phone cases.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought the defender and commuter came with a plastic screen cover like the phone cases.

The commuter's I have seen do not come with a screen cover that is part of the case,they are applied as a separate part.

The defenders I have seen have the screen protection either glued intp the screen opening which can be easily removed as I have with my iPhone one or there is a separate clear plastic membrane that wraps around the screen like the Blackberry one I have.

It looks like the Defender for the iPad will have a standard sort of applied film protector.

They are trying to get it just right I think but it is a complicated problem.

I will know soon enough?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ZooGue is a bit bulky but the case options are worth dealing with it. I love this case, dont think i'll ever use anything different unless a ZooGue Gen 2 comes out..

Most reactions

Latest posts