Ipad2 Otterbox Defender review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Buttafingas, May 17, 2011.

1. Buttafingas

Buttafingas iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So, I received my Otterbox Defender case today. Initial thought is that it WILL protect the Ipad 2 from the dreaded "corner drop" that I have already experienced....twice. Obviously, it adds on some bulk, but sometimes form has to be sacrificed for function. The big problem I see is a design flaw in the screen cover that also doubles as a stand for your ipad. The screen cover's edge covers the home button, and when a little bit of pressure is applied to the screen cover (ie placing it in my briefcase), the home button is pushed and the ipad 2 turns on. I'm hesitant to keep it due to this flaw. I'm sure the home button will be activated when items shift in my briefcase. I don't understand how Otterbox didn't see this in the testing stage. I have included an image to help explain. I just talked to OtterBox customer service and there were unaware of the problem, but they are sending me out a new Defender case. I'll keep you posted.

Attached Files:

2. Jamie76

Jamie76 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not too thrilled with the new cover either. ill be returning mine.
  3. ATC2

ATC2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the review. They're a great company I own two phone cases and the customer service rocks, but it seems that they may have rushed this one.
  4. china_cat84

china_cat84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I, too, was interested in the Otterbox case for iPad - but I missed the integrated screen protector as well as the various colors they offered - if I'm going to add bulk to my iPad, it's not going to be black and boring! I also wasn't too sure of the weird cover thing. Interesting to hear about this issue....thanks for saving me $90, I think I'll stick to the Gumdrop case instead.