What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Infuriating Problems w/ iPod Touch & 3mm Earbud Pin(s)

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received this iPod Touch 3rd generation (purchased 10/2009) as a birthday gift new 3 years ago. I absolutely love the device, except for the one simple function that should be the top of the list for Apple engineers. WHY IS THE EARBUD JACK SO FAULTY? I have purchased about a dozen different earbuds ranging from the $100 Caddilac to the $4 El Cheapo and all will fail eventually, some fail on the first day. It is definitely the "female" side of this that is causing the problem. I can immediately plug the same earbuds into any other device and they work perfectly. Yesterday I even tried to connect my iPod Touch to our home stereo using the 3mm pin and now that is dead.
I Google'd this and saw a video on cleaning the internal connections with a modified Q-tip... no improvement.
Question: If I were to only purchase my earbuds from the Apple product line will that solve the problem? My ears are shaped so small I cannot use the standard buds, I have to use the "inside the ear' type.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Apple earbuds shouldn't make any difference. I don't use Apple earbuds with any of my iDevices, but all my 3.5mm earbuds and earphones have worked fine. I throw all the original Apple earbuds in a glovebox or work drawer, in case I ever need earbuds in a pinch, but have yet to need them.

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK... Then maybe a solution would be to purchase a pair of bluetooth earbuds as a work-around. I hate when such minor things in life cause a major irritation. Somedays I'll be halfway through my workout and the earbuds will start acting up. Grrrrrrrrrr

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK... Then maybe a solution would be to purchase a pair of bluetooth earbuds as a work-around. I hate when such minor things in life cause a major irritation. Somedays I'll be halfway through my workout and the earbuds will start acting up. Grrrrrrrrrr

That would probably work. Does your iPod support BT?

Most reactions

Latest posts