What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS 6 upgrade...Problems withiPad2

Meddive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading as advised when I synced my iPad2 with iTunes to the latest OS, I have had nothing but problems viewing my apps and screens.
When I open my iPad2 it apparently opens correctly, BUT the moment I tap an App, the screen revolves through 180 degrees, and rotating the iPad makes no difference, so in effect I have to work upside down.
Besides locating my iPad on a swivel, any ideas about correcting this flaw in Apple's-latest hash up?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meddive said:
Since upgrading as advised when I synced my iPad2 with iTunes to the latest OS, I have had nothing but problems viewing my apps and screens.
When I open my iPad2 it apparently opens correctly, BUT the moment I tap an App, the screen revolves through 180 degrees, and rotating the iPad makes no difference, so in effect I have to work upside down.
Besides locating my iPad on a swivel, any ideas about correcting this flaw in Apple's-latest hash up?

Sorry to hear of your problem Meddive, have you tried a reset/reboot? Usually if things go weird this will fix them.....

Try a reset/reboot, hold the power/sleep button and the home button down at the same time and continue holding until the Apple logo appears. Let go and your iPad should restart although it may take longer than usual. See if that solves your problem.

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my dilema...i'm in Facebook, and i posted to a friend...when i hit the enter button, it turns dark gray and freezes for about 10 - 15 seconds, then posts...this is driving me crazy...please help rescue me...i'm using ipad 2 with ios5 ....can't upgrade either...

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Da2romes said:
Here's my dilema...i'm in Facebook, and i posted to a friend...when i hit the enter button, it turns dark gray and freezes for about 10 - 15 seconds, then posts...this is driving me crazy...please help rescue me...i'm using ipad 2 with ios5 ....can't upgrade either...

Welcome to the forum Da2romes, it sounds like a shortage of RAM. Try closing all apps and deleting Safari cookies and data as well as history. To force apps to close double press the round Home button to expose the task/history bar at the bottom. Tap and hold any icon until they all jiggle with a red minus sign in the top left corner. Tap all the minus signs one by one until all apps are closed. You are not deleting them, just forcing them closed. Now tap anywhere above this bar to return to the home screen. Hope this helps you, post if it does okay.....

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Da2romes, it sounds like a shortage of RAM. Try closing all apps and deleting Safari cookies and data as well as history. To force apps to close double press the round Home button to expose the task/history bar at the bottom. Tap and hold any icon until they all jiggle with a red minus sign in the top left corner. Tap all the minus signs one by one until all apps are closed. You are not deleting them, just forcing them closed. Now tap anywhere above this bar to return to the home screen. Hope this helps you, post if it does okay.....

I've tried that numerous times...does nothing but close the apps for the day...this only happens when i'm posting on facebook...also, i don't remember getting a notice from apple about upgrades like my iphone...before this drives me to drink...please give me more advice...Thanks Roy Rob for your quick response...

OP
M

Meddive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I must remember your advice for future occasions.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Da2romes said:
I've tried that numerous times...does nothing but close the apps for the day...this only happens when i'm posting on facebook...also, i don't remember getting a notice from apple about upgrades like my iphone...before this drives me to drink...please give me more advice...Thanks Roy Rob for your quick response...

Let's go back a little......you say you can't update above iOS 5, could you give us a few more details on that? What happens if you go to Settings > General > Software Update?

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's go back a little......you say you can't update above iOS 5, could you give us a few more details on that? What happens if you go to Settings > General > Software Update?

There's nothing that i can find that remotely looks like an upgrade...i've been all over the settings...i've had an ipad for over 2 years...i think i'm pretty well used to it...thank's for hangin in for me...what's next...i'm really at the end of my wits...thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's nothing that i can find that remotely looks like an upgrade...i've been all over the settings...i've had an ipad for over 2 years...i think i'm pretty well used to it...thank's for hangin in for me...what's next...i'm really at the end of my wits...thanks

Go to General > Settings > About, and tell us what the "Version" label tells you. I suspect you are still on a 4.x firmware.

If so, then your only option to upgrade is to do so via your PC. The ability to update OTA (via wifi) was only added with Version 5 of IOS, and we are now on version 6.1.

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to General > Settings > About, and tell us what the "Version" label tells you. I suspect you are still on a 4.x firmware.

If so, then your only option to upgrade is to do so via your PC. The ability to update OTA (via wifi) was only added with Version 5 of IOS, and we are now on version 6.1.

Version. 4.3.5...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Version. 4.3.5...

OK, so that's quite old now. You really are recommended to get up to date, being 2 major versions behind.

You will need to connect the iPad to your PC and use iTunes to update. You will also need to get your iTunes up to date first, assuming you have not done that either ;)

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, i'm running 4.3.5 , and when i use my laptop to upgrade on itunes, the pc screen goes crazy and tells me that i have to use a higher number viewing ...also, i still haven't found a way to stop my fb page problem when posting...the RETURN key freezes, turns a dark gray...for 10 - 15 seconds...then posts...this started about a month ago...did anyone out there ever hear of anything like this?...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, you must install the LATEST iTunes on you PC. Upgrade that first.

Most reactions

Latest posts