What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post iOS 7 Problems

redfoxcolony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S and iPad 4 yesterday. The iPhone installation went well but I'm experiencing problems with the update on the iPad. The sign in screen and desktop screens are displayed upside down and only in Portrait mode. As a result, I need to flip the iPad 180 degrees in Portrait mode to use my apps or select items on the screen while the desktop is upside down. Some apps that operated fine in Landscape mode are now only running in Portrait mode. The former appears to be caused by some sort of bug and I'm chalking up the latter problem to the need for updates from app developers.

Please excuse my unfamiliarity with Apple jargon since I'm in the process of converting from Windows to IOS and OS.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

winsley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My photos are stretched on ipad4. They weren't before updating to iOS 7. Assistance in getting them back to normal?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My photos are stretched on ipad4. They weren't before updating to iOS 7. Assistance in getting them back to normal?

Although I'm finding the new firmware rather good overall, this is IMO beginning to be recognised as a shortcoming of the new firmware. And the only thing to do is wait until Apple wake up to themselves that what we have now is worse than what we had before, wallpaper/camera roll wise.
Here's a neat suggestion from Mickey330 that is worth looking at as a stop gap.
Updated to ios7 and photos are stretched?
http://www.ipadforums.net/showpost.php?p=995542
Regards, Andrew

OP
R

redfoxcolony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues on my iPad 4. Try rebooting.

Rebooting immediately solved the second issue but I'm not sure if the cure for the first problem is a feature or a bug.

If I reboot the iPad while it is physically held in Portrait mode with Home button down, the sign on screen opens in portrait mode and stays in the mode properly oriented. If rebooted and physically held upside down (camera down), the sign on screen appears right side up in relation to the camera, but upside down in relation to all applications. If rebooted in Landscape mode, with Home button to left, the sign on screen appears in Landscape orientation but will not switch to Portrait mode when the tablet is rotated. I did not try it but I'm assuming something similar happens if rebooted While physically held in Landscape mode with camera on left. I'm assuming this a feature handling right hand and left hand users. However, I'm not sure why the opposite orientation mode is no longer available when the tablet is physically rotated 90 degrees.

OP
R

redfoxcolony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only other comment is screen readability while in bright sunlight. I use my tablet outside a lot and the color scheme makes it difficult to see details in bright sunlight.

OP
R

redfoxcolony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Increased contrast between foreground and background colors and possibly brightness adjustment might help. At the moment, my workaround solution is to duck under a tree or walk into a shadow area behind a building or something. Will do some experiments during mid day to see if I can find a solution.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my gmail yahoo mail and aol mail all in the Mail app since before the iOS 7 upgrade. After the upgrade the Mail app shows 3 email messages for the yahoo mail account but that account is empty - I've checked every folder there. I can remove the yahoo mail account and re-add it and the problem is resolved, but each time I receive a new email message the problem is back and the new app icon badge shows the previous count plus the new message even though I've deleted them all.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve it?

Last edited:

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I discovered, so far, is the lock and home screen pictures not moving and scaling, I try to move the picture it pops back to the centre, the same thing happens when scaling, it seems they screwed with the camera controls to "enhance" accessibility and introduced an unwanted "feature".

The whole look of this new OS just doesn't appeal to me... I don't know, It just doesn't feel Apple somehow.

Does anybody know how to get rid of that ugly grey icon bar at the bottom of the home screen?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only problem I discovered, so far, is the lock and home screen pictures not moving and scaling, I try to move the picture it pops back to the centre, the same thing happens when scaling, it seems they screwed with the camera controls to "enhance" accessibility and introduced an unwanted "feature".

The whole look of this new OS just doesn't appeal to me... I don't know, It just doesn't feel Apple somehow.

Does anybody know how to get rid of that ugly grey icon bar at the bottom of the home screen?

The grey bar cannot be removed.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The grey bar cannot be removed.

Now that's one enhancement, if it could be called that, we could all do without. I don't have an iPhone but it is pure UGLY on the screen of the iPad. If they're insistent on changing interface characteristics they should have the decency to let us set them to our liking.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same on iPad 3 retina, the photos get mixed with the next picture half way, hoping apple fixes this soon

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For some reason, when I tested out the 'reduce motion' option to stop the picture motion when we move our iPad, all the color on the lock screen and a bit that was there on the permanent bar just got washed away. That makes my screen look duller.

Most reactions

Latest posts