What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening Multiple Applications at Once

danicasteele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I was just curious if anyone knew if you are able to open up multiple applications at once. I was looking to have Safari open while I take my notes on the Pages app. It is annoying to have to go back and forth between safari and the application so I was curious if there is a way I can have them both open. Thanks

dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danicasteele said:
Hi! I was just curious if anyone knew if you are able to open up multiple applications at once. I was looking to have Safari open while I take my notes on the Pages app. It is annoying to have to go back and forth between safari and the application so I was curious if there is a way I can have them both open. Thanks

Push your home button twice fast and your other app's will appear below, then you just touch one one you want. You go back and forth this way fast.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even faster than that.......if you are on iOS 5 then open Safari and close it, open Notes then four finger swipe between the two apps......it really couldn't be much quicker!

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't have two apps open on screen at the same time, if that's what you were hoping for.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also if you can use the 'multi-fingering gesturing', the swipe is horizontal (like right to left) and not up which will open the multi-taskbar; finally the 2 apps that you are switching between need to be adjacent to each other on the taskbar which can be done by opening one and then the other in sequence.

Good luck! :)

jlyellz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gbgliquidvitamins.net
Do they have the notifications like on the Iphone 4s? I got that and it makes it so much easier to switch between things when you have the pull down notifications.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not exactly what you are looking for but Side by Side allows you to surf the net, write notes, play games, etc at the same time, without having to switch apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts