1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Opening an iTunes podcast link on an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by Markdf, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Markdf

Markdf iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I use podiobooks.com quite a lot and the links they provide to subscribe to a podcast are itpc addresses (not exactly sure what that means -iTunes PC?). If I click on this link from my PC it opens Itunes and subscribes to the podcast and will then receive updates.

However, when I am using Safari on my iPad (4.3.5), it gives me an invalid link error. Is there a way to subscribe to a podcast (or an itpc address) directly from an iPad without going through Itunes and downloading hardwired?

The address I'm clicking on is:

itpc://www.podiobooks.com/bookfeed/66061/518/book.xml

Thanks.
  2. intro2ipad

intro2ipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Consider downloading "Downcast" on your iPad, a fantastic app for managing, finding and listening to podcasts. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just like the app)

Cheers
    Dale
    intro2ipad.com - "Video tutorials for iPad: a beginners guide" - iPad app