5.1 and Podcasts

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by fuzzyfelts, Mar 10, 2012.

1. fuzzyfelts

fuzzyfelts iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Still bitterly disappointed that Apple have not addressed the download function in podcasts. I subscribe to several BBC podcasts and there is still no direct link to download further episodes. I still have to trawl through the iTunes store! I was really hoping that this problem would be resolved in this update. Oh well, back to listening through Downcast I guess. Boooooooo on you Apple!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Yes, no podcast joy with ios 5.

I recommend the buying the Downcast app (good reviews and two or three bucks, from what I recall). I've given up on Apple for podcast management.
  3. fuzzyfelts

fuzzyfelts iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I agree about Downcast, very good at podcast playing and management, it's what the Apple app should be and more. What I can't understand is why Apple thought it necessary to change the podcast set-up in the iPad, it's still fine on the iPhone. My favourite saying has always been 'if it 'aint broke, don't fix it' - Apple would do well to think about that!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Totally agree. It's like they gave the Music app to some misfit team to upgrade, and they broke things and changed others for the sake of change. Audiobooks stopped playing continuously by chapters, for instance. What the crap?

Only good thing is that there are alternatives like Audible for audiobooks and Downcast for podcasts, but users shouldn't have to resort to alternatives because Apple messed up what was already functioning.