What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscribed podcasts appear in iTunes but do not sync to iPad?

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have subscribed to podcasts and can see new ones appearing in iTunes on my PC. But they never sync to my iPad when I do a sync. I see then liste din my iTunes Library under Podcasts but not in my Podcast aree on my iPad. What the heck am I doing wrong? I see so configuration or settings that control this.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
wahoowad said:
I have subscribed to podcasts and can see new ones appearing in iTunes on my PC. But they never sync to my iPad when I do a sync. I see then liste din my iTunes Library under Podcasts but not in my Podcast aree on my iPad. What the heck am I doing wrong? I see so configuration or settings that control this.

When you connect the iPad to the pc, it will show up in iTunes, if you then click podcasts under 'devices' are the episodes that are not syncing not ticked?

OP
W

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you connect the iPad to the pc, it will show up in iTunes, if you then click podcasts under 'devices' are the episodes that are not syncing not ticked?

In iTunes and under devices, I see a single row that suggests I have This American Life podcast on my iPad. It does not list any specific podcasts though.

If I go up in iTunes to Library, Podcasts I see 4 episodes listed. I assume this means I am subscribed. Yet they do not go to my iPad. I see no episodes listed when I open the iPod app on my iPad. :confused:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
In iTunes if you click the arrow to the left of the title of the podcast so it's pointing down instead of to the left, it will show you the episodes you have downloaded. If it doesn't show any then you are subscribed but haven't downloaded any episodes.

OP
W

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes seems to think I am subscribed as I can see all the recent podcasts. In fact, a new one that came out Sunday started to download to my PC while I was in iTunes. So iTunes is subscribing. What do I need to do on the iPad to get it to subscribe? Do I have to do the subscription within iTunes while on the iPad?

OP
W

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will play with that but thought 'subscribing' would make them show up whenever they were available so that I didn't have to go download. I don't have an actual iPod so do not have experience with this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no automatic downloading on the iPad. iTunes on the computer will automatically download all new subscribed episodes each time you start it up, but you must manually download older ones.

You can transfer podcasts from the computer to the iPad by syncing with iTunes, but must set it up in the right place. With your device selected in iTunes go to the Podcast page and set it however you want. But you have to sync each time you want new episodes to transfer.

Audio podcasts will show up in the iPod app. Video podcasts will show up in the Video app, though I've had them show up in the iPod app as well now and then.

I believe there are third party podcast apps, and they may automatically sync. However they will not work with iTunes. They will have their own library of podcasts.

Most reactions

Latest posts