What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OnSong App with Jailbreak

kennyrodgers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've also posted this in the Musicians section but I thought I'd ask in here as well.
I'm Jailbroken and can't get the OnSong app to work at all, it's crashing on the opening screen.
I've been in touch with the developers and they can't help and they didn't freak when I finally owned up to jailbreaking my Ipad. They've got me to try a few different things that havn't worked so they can only put it down to the Jailbreak.
Any ideas folks as I've just put £5.49 into this App and I can't get a refund. Apart from that the App would help me immensley from a Musicians side of things.
Thanks in advance.
Pete.:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've also posted this in the Musicians section but I thought I'd ask in here as well.
I'm Jailbroken and can't get the OnSong app to work at all, it's crashing on the opening screen.
I've been in touch with the developers and they can't help and they didn't freak when I finally owned up to jailbreaking my Ipad. They've got me to try a few different things that havn't worked so they can only put it down to the Jailbreak.
Any ideas folks as I've just put £5.49 into this App and I can't get a refund. Apart from that the App would help me immensley from a Musicians side of things.
Thanks in advance.
Pete.:)

First off, I'm posting to tell you that I've deleted that other thread. We have a rules against posting more than once on the same topic. This is because the conversation can get fragmented with different threads going. It confuses the OP, those that are trying to help and also those following along. So, please, keep any/all updates to this topic here in this thread. Thanks.

Now, on to your question...

I'll ask the obvious first: Have you tried shutting all the apps down fully (deleting them from the multitask bar) and then doing either a restart or a reboot of the iPad? That may be what the iPad needs to behave properly.

Or, what version of iPad do you have (1st, 2nd or 3d generation)? It may be, if it's the iPad1 (and maybe even the 2) that there is not enough RAM to run the app.

One way to see if it's the iPad (or even to just get the app to run) is to put the iPad into Safe Mode. This turns off any/all Mobile Substrate tweaks you may have running in the background, which will free up as much processor as there is. Then, with the iPad in Safe Mode, see if the app will run. If yes, then maybe you'll have to have it in Safe Mode every time you run the app.

That's about all I can think of to try. Hopefully, someone else, seeing this, might have another idea.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts