Official: Post where to get the best deals on new iPad (third gen)!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by JohnnyApple, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if you download the bestbuy app it has a section to see what each store has for open box items.
    most of the bestbuys in my area had new ipads marked down around a hundred bucks because the box has been open.

2. mikeswife

mikeswife
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I used my Discover card w/ the Apple store & will be getting 5% back on top of my usual 1%. If I ordered online using a Chase card I would get 5% until the end of March. If you have a chase amazon card you will get 3% all the time at Amazon. A different card had 3% at Radio Shack. Some of the same ones had 1% at Best Buy. I have learned it always pays to check your membership rewards 1st before you make a big purchase. Saving a little $$$ always makes purchase a little bit sweeter!

3. TheBigmac

TheBigmac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, I'm new to the community and this is my first post. I just wanted to share for those who want to get the ipad and don't have a discover card, I saved 5 percent buying from Best Buy using a best buy gift card I purchased at plasticjungle.com . I paid $475 for the $500 gift card and that helped somehow to offset the tax. Of course I purchased it on launch date. Right now the ipad3 is out of stock at Best Buy but if you already decided to buy it, you can start saving time by ordering the gift card which could take about a week in the mail. Check with your local best buy to see when they will have them back in stock. Last week when I purchased my gift card, they had plenty. Now with the ipad lauch, I guess it has spread by word of mouth that this is one of the few places where you can buy best buy gift cards under face value, and right now they're out of the 500 dollar ones, But you can still buy several of lower denominations in order to hit the 500+tax mark you will need to walk out of the store with a brand spanking new ipad 3. Good luck!

#13 TheBigmac, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. mikeswife

mikeswife
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Great tip Bigmac! I'll keep that in mind for other stuff when I looking for a good deal...

5. irishone

irishone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Bill Me Later has a deal where there is no interest, no payments for 6 months. I bought my last IPad and a tv this way. I always make sure I get them paid off within the 6 months, so it's pretty good if you don't have the cash up front.

6. TheBigmac

TheBigmac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Funny that you mention that because when I purchased the discounted gift cards I was telling you guys about in my post above, I paid with PayPal, and when checking out chose Bill me later. So, double win. :). Many merchants won't show you bill me later as a payment method but they do accept PayPal. Once you have logged into your paypal account when checking out, you can switch the payment method to Bill me later from the PayPal screen. It doesn't work with every merchant but it works with most of them.

7. antapole

antapole
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, greetings to you all! My name is Vincent Wan, live in Indonesia.

Can you kindly tell me where I can get this new iPad in Kuala Lumpur? My brother are currently in KL, so I'm here to make sure that he can directly find the place for my new ipad to be ready. I mean, for the "take it and go!" fast of a deal! lol

8. tonesoft1956

tonesoft1956
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Here in he uk I got the new iPad on the Three network from Meadowhall Retail Park only £99 upfront and £29 PM x 24 months, I had the original ipad so sold that one for £200 and put some towards upfront payment on the New ipad :) cash in my pocket and new iPad well worth the money glad I did not get the iPad 2

9. wdwrkr68

wdwrkr68
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I live outside of Atlanta. I went to Peachmac and traded my IPAD2 64wifi 3g in on a new 64 4g. $500.00 out of pocket with applecare and tax.

10. nannroyy

nannroyy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had gone through the post. The new iPad also known s iPad 3 of iPad third generation officially was not much of the surprise, as the question still remains though, is the new iPad worth to buy?
    Choosing a model that has been fully restored and make sure that all the features are fully functional is more important. We offer the new one to get the best security services at our office for the prevention of the threats , Only authorized Third generation finally by the Apple. Could you please provide some more attachment links for the details of the prices and the features of the iPad 3.