Official: Post where to get the best deals on new iPad (third gen)!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by JohnnyApple, Mar 7, 2012.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you find a deal online (legitimate deals, from legitimate well respected companies) post the links up here! Help everyone in the community find the best online retailers and places to buy it. Discounts, coupon codes, etc.

2. jawa6306

jawa6306
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    lol... I used cash back on my PayPal business debit so it will partway pay for tax...

I don't forsee any legit companies offering deals on an iPad they know is going to be flying off their shelves for the next couple months. I would think after the hype dies down though people would start seeing something better like a gift card or case with order. I will keep an eye out though.

3. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yah, deals aren't going to be had anytime soon but sometimes you might find a bundle or a coupon good for 5% off or something like that and it would be beneficial to the community. Amazon, Best Buy, etc. sometimes run these specials.

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Discover card members can get benefits when ordering through their associated stores. Apple is a member, and all you do is access your account, and then get redirected to Apple. It is usually just good for bonus points, but anything helps.

5. rootmanroot

rootmanroot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    For Uk buyers, you can actualy buy the ipad3 from the apple store in the US for the same price that we can get the ipad 2 over here, you do need to get it shipped to a US zip code though, useful if you know somebody in the states who is either visiting soon or will ship it over to you.Saving is between £70 to £80, around $118, they will probably have to label it as a gift for customs, that is just for the 16GB wifi only model, possibly bigger savings on the more expensive options, free engraving as well.

6. Cord

Cord
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Target Stores, USA ... Use their Red Target Credit Card for 5% off which for me is a savings of $41.45 on the 64GB 4G... Tried to buy the AT&T today but they had only the Verizon in stock.. I am trying another location in Chicagoland.

7. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anything I buy on a Discover card results in money coming back to me....and of course, I bought my iPad 3 on my Discover card...so I get cash back.

8. chumphries

chumphries
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...Discover is the way to go in combination with a interest bearing checking account. Use the discover card for cashback and pay it off each month with you checking account. The longer the money sits in the checking account, the more interest it'll accrue.

9. buggerme

buggerme
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the tip :)

10. zman

zman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you want to lessen the blow to your wallet especially if you are buying the top-of-the-line model, Best Buy has 18-month No Interest Financing. You can even add an Apple Gift Card and iTunes card on top of it then buy AppleCare+ through Apple :D Plus, you would also get your Reward Zone points. Sweet deal IMHO.