What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPad

Ris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not and has never been possible to upgrade or downgrade ANY iPad device without blobs since SHSH blobs were introduced in IOS 4. :(
I meant does Apple still allow upgrade to 5.1.1 or is that upgrade option gone since 6.0 was released. I am guessing from your answer that it is gone.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I meant does Apple still allow upgrade to 5.1.1 or is that upgrade option gone since 6.0 was released. I am guessing from your answer that it is gone.

Correct. 6.0 is the current firmware. 5.1.1 cannot be installed without saved blobs.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated with 6.0.1 firmware files, but jailbreakers should remember to beware!

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! if i update my ipad 3 to 6.0 with the link above, does it will be jailbreaked to? i hope not so. thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi! if i update my ipad 3 to 6.0 with the link above, does it will be jailbreaked to? i hope not so. thanks

All of the links provided above are to the official Apple downloads. They files themselves are not related in any way to jailbreaking. It is just that jailbreakers are often interested in older files :)

Also, please note you will NOT be able to install 6.0 on your iPad3 device now. It is not the current version of IOS and so cannot be installed. You must use 6.0.1 only.

Last edited:

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! i downloaded the update for my ipad 3 using the link above. after i download it.what's next? thanks :)

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! i downloaded the update using the link above, what should i do next after downloading it?

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't download the update file..it's taking 20 hrs to finish downloading.. -_-

GOH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a good information, but i noticed 2 little mistakes:
1. The the link of the iPad 2 (Wifi), v.4.3.2 is the same link of the iPad 2 (CDMA) v.4.3.2
2. The links of the iPad 3 (GSM) and the links of the iPad 3 (CDMA) are reversed (the links of the iPad 3 GSM are really the links of the iPad 3 CDMA, and the links of the iPad 3 CDMA are really the links of the iPad 3 GSM)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good information, but i noticed 2 little mistakes:
1. The the link of the iPad 2 (Wifi), v.4.3.2 is the same link of the iPad 2 (CDMA) v.4.3.2
2. The links of the iPad 3 (GSM) and the links of the iPad 3 (CDMA) are reversed (the links of the iPad 3 GSM are really the links of the iPad 3 CDMA, and the links of the iPad 3 CDMA are really the links of the iPad 3 GSM)

Thanks for the correction to the 4.3.2 iPad2 WiFi model firmware. That was a mistake.

However, I do not believe you are correct to state that the iPad3 firmwares are reversed. Apple changed the designation with the iPad3, and whilst they appear different from other generations they are correct. My iPad3 is a 3,3 model, and that is a GSM (4G) device in Europe. The 3,2 devices are the CDMA devices for the USA AFAIK.
I am able to check the validity of the links with my developer account and they appear to be right.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple have started to refer to model numbers, rather than GSM / CDMA capability. This is particularly confusing as the devices being sold outside the USA (rest of the world) appear to be what they traditionally called CDMA devices "for Verizon", despite the fact that the rest of the world tends to use them exclusively as GSM devices.

So, the first post now reflects iPad4 and iPad Mini firmwares by model number, and provides info on how to find out your model number at the top ;)

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i know if my ipad 2 Wifi is a A version or a normal version?

Most reactions

Latest posts