What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nzb

potbelly2017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What program can i use to un pack/read etc a nzb file and also a rar file

thanks in advance

Percy

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What program can i use to un pack/read etc a nzb file and also a rar file............

Hi Percy - welcome to the forum! :) First, I'm assuming that you own an iPad Pro (from the forum posted) and likely w/ the latest iPad OS - correct? Also, some readers of your post may not be familiar w/ the terms used - e.g. I knew about RAR but not much about NZB, so for those wanting to learn a little more, below are the first paragraphs from their Wiki articles (sources linked for those interested).

Of course, someone familiar w/ these formats may post (or not) and provide more specific information on an app(s) that may serve your needs - but a look on the iPad App Store using the two terms in the search box provided the two pages shown below - take a look yourself and read the descriptions and reviews; for myself I've used none of these apps, so not of much help. Good luck - Dave

NZB is an XML-based file format for retrieving posts from NNTP (Usenet) servers. The format was conceived by the developers of the Newzbin.com Usenet Index. NZB is effective when used with search-capable websites. These websites create NZB files out of what is needed to be downloaded. Using this concept, headers would not be downloaded hence the NZB method is quicker and more bandwidth-efficient than traditional methods. (Source)

RAR is a proprietary archive file format that supports data compression, error recovery and file spanning. It was developed by a Russian software engineer, Eugene Roshal (the name RAR stands for Roshal Archive) and the RAR software is licensed by win.rar GmbH. This is not to be confused with the unrelated Resource Adapter Archive file format which is also spelled ".rar". (Source)
NZB.PNG
RAR.PNG

Last edited:
OP
P

potbelly2017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the help here,,, yes ive had me ipad pro 12 for almost a year now,, im a big apple fan,, have been for years, in fact im getting my 2nd Imac 27 some time this week with top specs etc,,to continue my beta testing, lmao
take a look here if youve not already seen it
Edited - link to Kickstarter project
hopefully mine arrives in January as promised
well, take care n if not heard from you,, happy xmas n new year to all

ttfn

Percy

Last edited by a moderator:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks for the help here,,, yes ive had me ipad pro 12 for almost a year now,, im a big apple fan,, have been for years, in fact im getting my 2nd Imac 27 some time this week with top specs etc,,to continue my beta testing, lmao
take a look here if youve not already seen it
Edited - link to Kickstarter project
hopefully mine arrives in January as promised
well, take care n if not heard from you,, happy xmas n new year to all.............

Hi again Percy - just bought my wife her 2nd iMac (she likes the 21" size) w/ 16 GBs RAM & a 512 SSD + 4K display (early Xmas present, plus der 2012 iMac had a failing fusion drive and was SLOW!). For myself, I have two Mac laptops, so don't need to turn my iPad Pro into a desktop but GREAT that these combos are becoming more feasible. Dave

P.S. I'd suggest deleting your email or you will likely be 'harvested' by a bunch of bots leading to mucho SPAM! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts