What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

booting up

potbelly2017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad wont boot up

all i c is a battery logo with a red line on the bottom of the battery

cant try to do anything else with it has it has no power

16mths old

help if possible

thanks in advance

Percy

EDITED - no email address

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve removed your email address for safety reasons.

As your device has no power:
What did you try to solve this problem?

In case you haven’t tried this before: Reboot your device.

Take a look at the charging port and remove any debris or dirt.

Connect your iPad to iTunes. If iTunes doesn’t recognize it, there’s either a problem with the cable, or your iPad has a hardware problem.

Try a different cable. If that’s not helping, you’ll have to contact Apple Support.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also try charging it for an extended time, like all night to see if that makes a difference.
Did you get any hints of battery problems before this such as reduced battery life?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Percy - already some good steps suggested by Johanna - also check this LINK which provides much the same information but w/ a few more details. I'm assuming that the pic below is what is on your screen - correct? At this point, the iPad may need a number of minutes of charging before the device is ready - have you done that? Also, as stated previously, try a different cable (and charger for that matter); otherwise, follow the advice given and that in the link. Good luck - Dave :)

P.S. - since your state the device is 16 months old, did your make a new purchase and did you buy AppleCare?

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 12.04.44 PM.png

OP
P

potbelly2017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that picture of the battery is exactly like i c mine on me iPad
yes, ive tried at least 4 different sockets and 3 different USB power chargers, with 3 diffifferent cable,

this is the first time this has happened, i don't recall having apple care but im sure it has a 2 year guarantee

yes brought new.

only thing now is to wait i suppose till this virus is over and pop it back too my Apple shop,, not too keen to post it has it has some bank details on it etc,, silly really i'm a wiz and and apple iMac beta testa, but haven't a clue ref the iPad pro.

thanks again guys

Percy

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don’t have to wait. It’s possible to contact Apple.
Either online:
Get Support

Or call their technical support: 0800 107 6285 (for the UK)

Most reactions

Latest posts