What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes app with Pencil

Ratzebrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi community,

I am runing my IPad pro with Version 11.2.5 and want to use the pencil for my notes app.
For example in my OneNote app I can touch the pencil Icon for that.
But for notes this Icon is missing. I know it it possible in general. Also the notes app is the recent one.
Any idea?

regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you talking about the native Notes app?

If so, you need to tap the small pencile icon at the bottom right to initiate the drawing mode. If the pen is connected (detected by the iPad) there will be a pen icon in the keyboard tool bar at the bottom of the screen when in edit mode.

If you are using a hardware keyboard and the pen is not currently detected this may be covered up by the predictive/tool bar. Tap the down arrow at the right of the tool bar to hide it.

If the pen does not seem to be working, briefly plug it into the lightning port of the iPad.

92F871CF-FE66-4ADF-85C9-6D3BEE333CC7.jpeg

The Notes app does not allow drawing on top of text. Each bit drawing will have it’s own area above or below text or other media.

You can draw on top of photos by double tapping on the photo, then selecting the drawing tools.

Most reactions

Latest posts