What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Not in the US error message,on ABC app. Help

Raine1306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I guess New Jersey doesn't qualify as part of the U S. I keep on getting the above error message. Sent an e-mail to ABC as directed. They replied with a form answer that they can not reply to every e-mail, so I am ABC less. Any help would be most appreciated.
Rain

OP
R

Raine1306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I am a complete novice. How an where do I find the time stamp, and time zone, can not find where to input a zip code. Thanks

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you looked in settings,international, to see if the United States was selected?

noconstraints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not in the US error message

i get the same message on my ipad and on my laptop but.....
only when i use the wireless at the apartment i'm staying in. When I go to a different location, there are no out of the US error messages.

Another factor is that everything worked fine at any location for abc.com, then Comcast came out and did work. The not in the US error message showed up after comcast finished their work.

I can't say for sure that it was Comcast config changes or something else. What I do know is that this only happens with abc.com and none of the other competitors like nbc.com.

... i've sent emails each time with no response or change of this configuration.

The behavior points towards some software or networking config issue located external to the end user's hardware (ipad or laptop).

I would love to have this fixed too.

OP
R

Raine1306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My geek guy fixed it

My friend found the fix. The modem was the problem. For some reason, wherever that model was produced was sending its home base location to the abc app. My friend reconfigured it and now I get abc.
I did go to my local apple store and the rep could not fix it because he was able to access abc in the store. He actually mentioned that the modem could be the problem.
I did not mention that to my geek friend,because I wanted to see what he would come up with on his own.
On a side note, the abc player is a real pain in the butt. No ad commercials, but they show their own previews for upcoming episodes or trailers for new shows. I had to sit through the same trailer about 3-4 times just to watch an hour show. I think it is worse than commercials. So now I hardly ever use that app unless it's something I really want to see.
Rain

tpsru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tpsru

I'm getting the same error. It worked fine yesterday - same location. Now the Out of the Country error. ARRRGGHHH. Maybe I'll just buy Hulu or Netflix. ABC is getting on my nerves!

noconstraints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I'm doing netflix now. ABC made me nuts. Security is great but there are backend network code related enhancements those programmers could do to fix this and not leave it up to the end user to figure out. Otherwise, what's the point of ABC allowing us to report the issue in the first place?!

Most reactions

Latest posts