What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not charging with usb

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because it isn't. LOL
No, seriously I think it has been shown that it does actually charged via USB but at a very slow rate. The power source of the USB is not strong enough to charge the iPad so you need to plug it to the wall outlet for charging.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because it isn't. LOL
No, seriously I think it has been shown that it does actually charged via USB but at a very slow rate. The power source of the USB is not strong enough to charge the iPad so you need to plug it to the wall outlet for charging.

\I load mine through the USB of my PC.
There is special Window Program that allow it.
Works Great

called "AiChargerAP"

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha that sucks but the lil paper ipad that came wit it says plug it in usb to charge!! Oh well I really wont tying to charge it that way jus noticed is as I was syncn music for the first time

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so maybe it said charge it using the included 10W USB Power ADAPTER!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh threw me off lol

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a recent MAC, it will charge properly, if you have a newer motherboard in a PC with the higher output USB ports it will charge. Otherwise, that's why it came with a charger just for the iPad. Technically speaking, most USB ports put out 0.5 amps @ 5 volts, the iPad charger puts out 2.1 amps @ 5v. That's what the iPad requires to charge fast, but it will still charge up on the USB ports, just slower.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha that sucks but the lil paper ipad that came wit it says plug it in usb to charge!! Oh well I really wont tying to charge it that way jus noticed is as I was syncn music for the first time

Is this English ???

You probably did not understand the instructions.
It is a USB cable connected to a power supply.
Any way Mine is connected directly to the PC and charge without probelm

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
It does not charge while the screen is on. It will charge, albeit slow, when the screen is off. It will take about 8 hours for a full charge from 0%.

Using an app that changes the voltage of a USB port is a bad idea and will harm (eventually) any system for which it was not designed. AiChargerAP is meant to run on specific ASUS motherboards, not all computers.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordlayingkit
Is this English ???

You probably did not understand the instructions.
It is a USB cable connected to a power supply.

Is this correct spelling? Are you the Grammar Police now?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mine charges pretty fast when plugged into my PC, takes about 6 hours to get 100%

Most reactions

Latest posts