1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Grey Bar of Death noob

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by satnerd, Feb 26, 2013.

1. satnerd

satnerd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm new here & just acquired a 1st gen iPad for what i thought was a deal at the time. I knew when i bought it the screen had this problem but was sure i could just replace the LCD & be good to go. I searched the forum but maybe i didn't use the right keywords as nothing came up. I have done a lot of reading about the grey bar on the LCD that ipad 1's seem to be plagued with. I see a lot of people having this problem but cant find where anyone has managed to actually repair it. I have read a couple people say that its possibly tied to a bad logic board but several people say its a bad LCD. I would just like to know if anyone here has had this issue & what they did to remedy it.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Ant