What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no sound with speakers, only earphones

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well. Sounds like you're just going to have to talk to Apple about it. If they don't have a fix then they are usually pretty good about getting out replacements as soon as possible.

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i just called them now and they recommended me to go back to the store where i bought it. yeye i guess theres nothing else to do then. Only last for 10 days for my first ipad.... so sad :(

yeye thx for all the replies and support guys

Blu3moon

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - don't too sad; all products can suffer from the occasional defect and your experience is far from normal. I'm sure you'll have no problem with the next iPad. Apple are a very customer-centric company and I'm sure they'll do their best to make sure that you're satisfied with your iPad.

Tim

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
then its done, delivered it back to the store and they said it would take 1-4 weeks before I get it back... Hopefully i get an ipad that works 100% and not an ipad with more problems..

Blu3moon

Reaction score
Blu3Moon said:
then its done, delivered it back to the store and they said it would take 1-4 weeks before I get it back... Hopefully i get an ipad that works 100% and not an ipad with more problems..

Blu3moon

What!

That is so wrong. You shouldn't have to leave your iPad with them. You should not have to ever leave an AppleStore without an iPad, if they don't have one in store, they reorder and you hand yours in, when the backorder arrives.

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea i was thinking about it.. But this wasn't the AppleStore. This was an ordinary electronic store where they sell TV, PC etc.... When I bought the Ipad i also purchased a 2 years warranty which cost me 1000 NOK = 192 dollar.... And this warranty will cover for the repair cost....

But what u are saying is that I should get another Ipad from the Store until mine is repaired?

I'm very confused what my rights are now :p

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Blu3moon

I would normally have phoned the Apple Store in advance and got a 'trouble ticket' and then waited for them to get a replacement iPad in stock. The 'trouble ticket' is, effectively, your place in the queue but it's a record of when you reported the problem. But I wouldn't worry too much - it's not as though Apple are going to run off with your iPad. For sure, if your iPad was completely broken, there's no advantage to waiting for a new one to come into stock but yours had a relatively minor problem and would have been fine to have had with you until the replacement arrived. I don't think there's too much you can do now other than wait and not worry. I'm sure they'll do their utmost to expedite the procedure; the supply chain for iPads is getting to grips with the demand so I suspect you'll probably have your replacement back far sooner than you thought.

Keep us in touch with progress. If there's any problem or if they don't seem to be as helpful as they might be just mention that you are posting the progress of your problem on iPad Forum - the thought of that negative publicity has worked wonders for other members - remember we are not affiliated with Apple in any way whatsoever - we tell it like it is!!

Tim

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well then theres nothing else I can do but to wait for my ipad to be repaired. In meanwhile I have to go back to my PC Windows :p

I'll keep you in touch with progress and give i'll give you a report how my Ipad is when i get it back. And yea I had a relatively minor problem, so it shouldn't take so much time to fix it. I delivered it back today the 30.04.2011 so hopefully I will get it back in 1-2 weeks. The seller said it will be sent Monday morning.

Blu3Moon

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

Today I got my Ipad back from the store. I had high hopes that this time it would work. After what I've read from the reports from the store they didn't do any different from what I did except checking the hardware. So i was really happy about getting it back today, didn't expected that it would be returned that fast.
The seller wasn't so sure that it was fixed so he said that i should return if this problem came up again.

So yea, I took it home and was surfing and tested it. Tested it for like 2-3 hours with music... But the same problem was there.. the Ipad went back to headphone modus while i was listening to music again and again...

So I went back to the store after 3 hours from getting it back and explained that it happened again and the problem was there...

So it ended up that I got a new one and returned the old one. He said that most probably there was something wrong with the hardware. So hopefully this new one wont get the same problem.

To be honest I don't know what caused this problem. He mentioned that it could be some apps that caused this, cause this wasn't a known problem. I thought about it for a second but then i remembered i restored it back with no apps and the problem was still there.

So most probably this was a hardware problem with the Ipad.. Kind of weird cause i just bought the ipad and only used it for 8-9 days before this happened.

But yea I'm really happy getting a new one and now I can use it without worrying about the sound, not that it was a big problem but it was very frustrating.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, sound coming from head phones but not from the speaker when phones are unplugged. I noticed I had a piece of something wedged into the headphone jack. It wouldn't pop out so I put a few drops of contact eye solution in there, let it moisten up, then picked it out with a safety pin. It looked like a piece of candy or paper. So then the iPad 2 would only play through speakers and when I plugged in headphones it wouldn't recognized it, then it DID recognize the head phones, but speaker wouldn't work, after about an hour of messing around with the iPad resetting it, powering it down and hooking up to iTunes.... One thing I did was turn the volume all the way down, and it went from headphone status to speaker status, and now both my head phones and speakers work. I will keep everyone posted on how it's doing in the next couple days, and

Is this a situation where I should send it into apple? Thanks

andypp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no sound from speaker, headphone with karaoke effect

dear all,

just got my ipad2 for a week and need some help.

now when i turn on my ipad2 and play music or youtube clips, the sound comes from speaker for only about 5-20 seconds, and all of sudden it's gone. and when i use the side volume buttons it will tell me that it's adjsuting the volume of headphone, even though there's no headphone plugged in. so now if i do plug in a headphone, i can hear the music, but with karaoke sound effect (vocal track is digitally erased, with background music unchanged).

I realized that I had installed an app called "pocketsing", a free karaoke effect app. But i had deleted it. and after having this sound problem, i have tried reboot (holding home and power), erase all settings from ipad, restoring from itunes...

nothing worked. is it possible that this "pocketsing" app actually corrupted the ipad2 firmware somehow? can't imagine why even after restoring in itunes it still won't work.

any ideas or suggestions? thank you!

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same kind of thing happened to my iPhone. I went to the genius bar in Sydney. They found minute traces of water in the charging port.
As it was only a very small amount they replaced it.
They said it is possible for water to be picked up from placing the object on a damp surface, or with wet hands or from even walking in the rain.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well andypp, I would suggest looking down your headphones jack to see if anything is plugging it up. I do not think it is the app you installed because most apps run whitin them selves and they dont affect the way the os system functions. I say it could be something wedged into your headphone jack, I know this because, have you ever put headphones in and didn't insert the plug in all the way? You get the echoy karaoke sound.

Most reactions

Latest posts