What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no safari, mail or ipod

zorem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated ipad os and synced with itunes and since then the ipad will open safari, mail and ipod and then immediately shut them down. What's up?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restarting the iPad should take care of this. It should probably be done after every update, and is sometimes necessary to get an app to work properly after it has been downloaded. That's rarer, but it's been known to happen.

Hold down the power button until the red slider appears. Slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down wait a few seconds, then press the power button down until the Apple logo appears.

OP
Z

zorem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Mikel. I have done the restarting several time and it doesn't make a difference.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - then - one stage further...a reboot....turn the iPad off.

Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 10-15 seconds until the white Apple logo appears - don't worry, it will - and then let the iPad reboot. That takes a little time, so have patience....no apps or data will be lost.

It's probably not going to help, but it's the last 'easy' thing to try before getting into more difficult territory....

Tim

OP
Z

zorem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that and it seems mail will now open and stay open, but safari, ipo, itunes, app store will only open and then close.

OP
Z

zorem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody out there to help with this problem - still can't open safari, ipod itunes and appp store and have them stay open.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I'm grasping at straws as you can probably tell....but have you tried closing the Safari app in the multi-task bar? i.e. double click the Home button, hold any icon until they start to jiggle, then hit the 'X' on the top left hand side of the Safari icon. Then hit the Home button again to stop the jiggling and close the multi-task bar. Then try Safari again?

Not holding out much hope...but it's worth a try...

Tim

OP
Z

zorem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim. Safari, and all the apps that came with the ipad, has no "x". Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like your going to have to restore the iPad, and I'm not even sure that will work.

At this point I recommend giving Apple's tech support a call. They'll probably walk you through a restore and possibly a couple other things, and if that doesn't work you'll be one step closer to getting them to replace it.

Most reactions

Latest posts