What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO External Links - A Little Extreme, Perhaps??

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am grateful to have somewhere to be able to discuss iOS without being bothered by brain-dead Android trolls, and I like the supportive and positive atmosphere here.

However, one thing I dislike about IPF and related sites is the rule which prohibits ANY external links from being posted. While I understand that it was introduced to stop spam, I personally find this rule to be a little extreme. Being able to post links to helpful articles, tutorials, and particularly jailbreak tools, which generate a near-infinite amount of visually-identical scam sites, would increase productivity and make it easier to offer assistance to people.

I frequently post on a site with literally thousands more members than this site, which allows external links, yet receives every little spam. Users are stopped from being able to sign up and instantly spam by an automated system which stops any links being posted until the person has been a member for one week, and has made a certain number of posts. This system would work very well here, in my opinion.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you like this forum. However, I'm afraid you're just a tad mistaken. :) We do allow external links - if they pertain to the discussion at hand and are not a developer or business person trying to drum up business.

From the forum rules:

13.1. Posting links to products or services by forum members is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links.

We do prevent multiple links to other sites, particularly if the links are already there. For example, we have many, many external links in the Hacking sub-forum that go to other sites (for jail breaking tools, discussion, etc.).

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts