What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Message in Email

ron1911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before one of the updates, when going through email, there was an arrow on the top of the email pane where I could hit the arrow and move to the next or prior email. The arrows are gone.

Now I read an email, and if I want to go to the next email, need to go to the email box (and click the next email) each time.

I searched through the options and could not find where I could customize the top of the bar to add in the arrows. Interestingly, my work iPad same everything does have the arrow to quickly move to the prior or next email.

Anyone have any insight how to add the arrow to move forward and backward in email without going to the full email list each time?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before one of the updates, when going through email, there was an arrow on the top of the email pane where I could hit the arrow and move to the next or prior email. The arrows are gone.

Now I read an email, and if I want to go to the next email, need to go to the email box (and click the next email) each time.

I searched through the options and could not find where I could customize the top of the bar to add in the arrows. Interestingly, my work iPad same everything does have the arrow to quickly move to the prior or next email.

Anyone have any insight how to add the arrow to move forward and backward in email without going to the full email list each time?
If you turn your iPhone to landscape mode the arrows should be there in the top right corner.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think the arrows Ron are referring to have gone from iOS 10 for the iPad. My old iPad 2 running iOS 9 has up and down arrows for portrait mode. My Air 2 does not and you can't scroll through your emails without referring back to the side panel. The arrows Scifan refers to are only on the iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts