Supposedly Solid Source Shares Details on Next-Gen iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Apr 10, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm
    Expand Collapse
    Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo recently revealed some juicy details regarding the next generation iPad Air and iPad Mini. Kuo has a reputation for being accurate with his leaked intel, so it is probably worth out attention. Here's the skinny on what he shared,

At this time, it seems likely that Kuo's predictions seem probable. Of course, no one is infallible and Apple is famous for tight security. We will keep our eyes open and share any new details as they become available.

Source: BGR

2. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I think one the big questions is whether or not the new Air will have 2GB of RAM. Seems to be a major issue for some folks.

3. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes. 2 GB of RAM. And what about better pixel density? Retina display doesn't mean anything now because of other devices with better pixel density.

4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    IMO, the Air doesn't need better pixel density. If Apple goes that way, they are simply battling on specs (like others). However, the additional RAM would probably improve performance and that will be welcome. Since they have gone 64-bit, it only makes sense to increase the RAM. Touch ID is welcome too, but I won't replace by current retina Mini to get that. However, now that office is available on the iPad, along with Lightroom, I might get an Air this year. I think the Air along with a keyboard and cloud storage (I currently have 48 GB of Onedrive space) make the iPad a killer laptop alternative for some things I do.

5. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    But honestly, the iPad Air is a gery powerful device. I may not upgrade until its dead if I have one.

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Lots of people agree with you! :)

7. Good karma

Good karma
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    the current iPad air is an excellent tablet, however the extra ram and touch id will be a great addition in the new model, and as long as there is no price increase, which apple to their credit have done so wonderfully, and benefited from it and keeping the compitition in their toes. (good for us consumers)

8. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    One feature I'd like to see implemented is where if you have one touch-ID device, then you can use it to command your other non-touch ID devices to automatically unlock when the two devices are near. That way, if you bought a 2013 iPad but then got an iPhone 5s or 6, with Touch ID, then just using touch ID on one device but having it hear your other devices will save you from having to use the passcode. Of course, it would be nice to have a timer on how long the other devices will not need the passcode.

9. Good karma

Good karma
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    that is a great idea that i would have never thought of, this idea should be forwarded to Apple :thumbs: