What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NewsStand

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, seems we are stuck with it on our screens, unless Apple do an update to allow us to put in a folder to hide it or delete it as I don't want it on my iPhone!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a folder, so you can't put it in a folder

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I want to delete it, but I'll have to settle for banishing it to to the last page where it can sulk with notes and gamecentre...

OP
laserguy007

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its a folder i could do without. Should be like iBooks and make it an option to download.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put it on a second screen by itself so I don't have to look at it. But yeah I wish I could hide it in one of my folders. I only have one screen with all of my apps in folders. Oh well.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
laserguy007 said:
S NewsStand not able to be placed in a folder????

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

You can put it in a folder! However, only place it in a folder if you DON'T intend to use this app as it will not open once in a folder. Make a new folder by holding one app over another, then QUICKLY place newsstand over the other two and it will drop in, you have to be quick mind! If it doesn't work first time keep trying to re-make new folder and drag in. Credit for this goes to a poster on Apple Support Communities who explained how to do it!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, DON'T understand why Newstand is not able to be dropped into a folder of my choosing. Simply ridiculous.
I don't even use the app. I'm NOT subscribed to any newspapers or magazines.
Like the Nike+ app is capable of being dis enabled so should Newstand. As iBooks require to be desired then downloaded, so should Newstand.
What's the deal???

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF

1BigLee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated to os5 ended up with newsstand. It took a news paper out of (my) news folder.

I thought, ok. I'll move it back. Can't do it!

I thought, ok. I'll move all my news info into newsstand. Can't do it!

I deleted the news paper! And put newsstand on the back page!

How useless!

Most reactions

Latest posts