What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie...did I mess it up???

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I hooked up my new iPad 2 to iTunes today I thought I was going to short-cut setting up my mailbox and contacts by clicking back up from iPhone instead of "set up new device". It quickly let me know it couldn't do this and just fired back up, but now it's just named iPad on iTunes and didn't let me set it up.

Did I miss out on anyting by not setting it up as a new device? Should I start over???

Thanks

OP
M

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any help on this would be appreciated, just trying to figure out if I missed something or if I should just let it go. It seems to be operating fine.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always go back to the Summary page and click on restore. Then you can restore the iPad to a new device.

OP
M

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But is there any reason I would need to do this? From what I can tell all I missed is naming the device?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it will affect you at all. Mostly all you did was restore the apps anyway.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
M

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It fell to the default name of "iPad" when I didn't set up as a new device, maybe she wasn't meant to be named SallyLongLeggs. I'll save that name for my next fish or something......

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mav777 said:
It fell to the default name of "iPad" when I didn't set up as a new device, maybe she wasn't meant to be named SallyLongLeggs. I'll save that name for my next fish or something......

Connect your iPad to your computer. Start up iTunes. After the automatic backup completes look at the left side of iTunes where the iPad name is listed under "devices". Double click your iPad name and change it to whatever you like.

Most reactions

Latest posts