What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wave Band Squeeze Use iPad on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
<object width="400" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwJf_0xuMFw&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwJf_0xuMFw&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="344"></embed></object>​

This is a very cool use of an iPad here on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, as spotted by those eagle-eyed rockers at Pocket-lint.com. British New Wave, Punk Rock, call it what you like, band Squeeze actually used an iPad as a genuine musical instrument on Jimmy's show tonight, when playing their classic, but cheeky, hit from way, way back in the punkish day, Pulling Mussels From a Shell. As you can see from the video above, keyboard player Steven Large is holding an actual real live iPad in his hand throughout the performance. No word as to whether or not he was updating it to iOS 3.2.1 during the rendition, or how well that went, if he was. Hopefully there was no "bricking" occuring at any point. Watch and marvel at around the 2.30 point for some iPad solo goodness. Pocket-lint even found out what app he was using - MooCowMusic's Pianist, as it 'appens, which costs £2.39 in the App Store.

Source: Pocket-lint

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ilove my iPad, and I was huge fan of Squeeze back in the 80s. but, I'm also a musician and just found this to be a silly gimmick.

The guy aha a perfectly acceptable keyboard in front of him, but uses an iPa d to play a keyboard solo? And he even screws up a couple of notes, not surprisingly.

if you're toning to use the iPad, at least use some interesting sounds unique to the device.

Check out Jorden Rudess playing somewhere over the rainbow on his iPad app Morphwiz. now that's cool!

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn, where's the edit button to fix my typos. Stupid iPad keyboard. :)

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he needs a Padholdr.... haha Looks funny with him holding it

Most reactions

Latest posts