1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

DC Comics Arrives on iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    [​IMG]

DC Comics is about to join Marvel by launching its own free iPad, iPhone and iPod touch app today, as well as having its own DC Comics-branded storefront in the "Comics by comiXology" app for the Apple devices. To celebrate the launch, DC Comics is offering a free 10-page preview of the 700th issue of Superman available through both platforms, to coincide with the issue going on sale in comic book stores. The 10-page story is a prelude to writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Eddy Barrows' highly anticipated "Grounded" storyline that will be published in Superman and will examine how Superman sees America and how America sees Superman.

Source: ComiXology

<object width="400" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zd-Evfo03r4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zd-Evfo03r4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="385"></embed></object>​
  2. iPadHole

iPadHole iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if these will be popular on the iPad. I always enjoyed reading comics as a kid but I don't know if it will have the same appeal on the iPad.
  3. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I wonder if old comics would be available. I haven't read any since the 80s, but I wouldn't mind some of the titles I used to have being available in digital form.