What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to forum need advice

hibbyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,im new to forum I bought my gf ab ipad 4 for xmas she has problems not switching on she works away from home the ipad is not switching on this is not the first time I already reset it for her before but she cant get onto another pc to try it,the other thing is resetting she looses her pics she didn't save them to I cloud so I would like to try getting it back without loosing her pictures as it has her mother on it who died last month anyone with any ideas it would be really helpful

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi,im new to forum I bought my gf ab ipad 4 for xmas she has problems not switching on she works away from home the ipad is not switching on this is not the first time I already reset it for her before but she cant get onto another pc to try it,the other thing is resetting she looses her pics she didn't save them to I cloud so I would like to try getting it back without loosing her pictures as it has her mother on it who died last month anyone with any ideas it would be really helpful

Hi, welcome to iPF!

There's another kind of reset which could help, and she won't lose the pictures on her iPad, if it works: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
Also, she should make sure her iPad has enough charge to turn on. She should let it charge for at least 20 minutes, then try to turn on her device.

These are things she can do without a pc. Everything else has to be done connected to a computer, and she would perhaps lose her pictures.
Btw: the iPad is meant to sync with just one computer at a time, so if she tries to use another pc to fix her problem, it could be that this won't work.

Last edited:
OP
H

hibbyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your reply,i have told to try that already and didn't work,but we have found there is an apple store near where she works so I told her to take it there as she has no pc to reboot it through iTunes,thanks anyway

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply,i have told to try that already and didn't work,but we have found there is an apple store near where she works so I told her to take it there as she has no pc to reboot it through iTunes,thanks anyway

You're welcome. Too bad my suggestions didn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts