What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new & sharing. :)

DyeySy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

i've had an iPad 2 and my son is using it for his games. He's a 2 year old techie baby! haha. Anyway.. i just want to share my new iPad experience (gen. 3).

i just bought it last Friday July 13, the new iPad just came out here in Indonesia (i'm an ex-pat). I was so happy having my own iPad. Prior to having an iPad 3rd gen., i was thinking of purchasing samsung S3, HTC one x or an iPad 3rd gen. I was going to use it for school because i dont want to bring my notebook everyday. So i needed the capability of on-the-go usb or something that will accept flash drives.

HTC one x, as i have read in xda forum does have ICS installed but it's the kernel that doesn't allow the on-the-go(OTG) usb. i tried to keep on searching but it seems it's still being cooked and i dont know when it will be served or if it will be served. The wireless media that it provides was really tempting, because i can use it with my projected presentations but i read some not so good reviews about it and some good reviews, and i didn't want to take my chance for now.

Samsung S3 was really tempting. having a quad core minus the nvidia graphics will do. and it allows OTG USB which was really great. they also offer video out for hdmi. screen was big enough for comfortable viewing. and it offers ICS too.

Now i needed to weigh my options between a phone that's almost a tablet and a tablet that's almost a phone. i now compared the OS.

I have a HTC Desire Z running gingerbread. It's a good phone, hard keyboard and all that an android has to offer. However, the more apps I install, the slower it gets, the more contacts i have and the more messages i have, the slower it performs. Since I already used iOS before and installed so many games, the experience with navigation is still a breeze.

So i came to a decision to purchase the iPad 3. Why not iPad 2 you say? since i am using it with my work, i think it is a great investment and the upgrades are really useful.

Okay so i unboxed the new iPad installed Facebook and all those personal things and those social networking apps.

Then jailbroke it and installed those apps and iFile and stuff.

Then I bought a wireless keyboard from Apple. Connecting it and the connection is really good. Volume control, brightness control works.. wow.

Then I bought a capdase case. Then I bought a camera connection kit. Here comes an unexpected problem. it's says my usb uses too much power, like really? what? so googled and googled until i found a solution, i don't know why connecting a usb hub will work with a "high-powered usb" and the person who thought of it will add a usb hub to his connection kit. I didn't have a usb hub to try that solution so i was not able to try it instantly. Then comes the day i went to the mall, i saw a usb hub for around $5USD, i tried it and it worked. Wow, thanks to the person who found this solution, i think i saw that in youtube. Kudos to you sir!

So now i'm a happy camper. with keynote, pages, numbers, iPhoto, iMovie, adobe photshop touch and some other new adobe products, it's a really good thing that i chose iPad over those phones. next stop is texting using GSM. :)

Thank you for reading my experience with the new iPad and have a great day!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Wonderful intro!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts