What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad user, USB device not recognized

probles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • I just bought my ipad. Windows 7. loaded itunes 9.1. signed onto me. com. connected ipad, error message USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED. Tried multiple solutions. USB Root devices,
  • Hub uninstalled. ipad connected. same error. tried power down both ipad and pc. called geek squad and hp help. no success. tried msconfig disable for all startup programs, except itunes and apple mobile. did not work. reinstalled itunes 9.1 too.
  • what should I try next??

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
What is me.com?

Anyway, i'm on Windows 7 Starter and had no problems. Just plug the iPad in, and start iTunes. Don't even need a browser open, much less sign into anything. If you are running the latest version of iTunes, all should be well. Since you have now screwed around with start up services, be sure everything is running as it should.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you register your ipad on itunes and set it up to sync with mobile me BEFORE logging into mobile me?

OP
P

probles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how to register my iPad in iTunes. I tried to look this up on iTunes Help (iPad subtopic) no information on how to do this. TIA

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dock the ipad to your computers USB and open iTunes. It will open the windows to register it to your itunes account. Once you do that, you can set it up to sync with your mobile me account.

Most reactions

Latest posts