1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Devitomom, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Devitomom

Devitomom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had my iPod since Christmas 2011. I have been able to figure out most problems I came across. There are 2 questions/problems I just can't figure. My home pc is cheap an horrible. I use my iPad for everything. The one
    Thing I am trying to do is upload pictures from my iPad to the web, to websites such as Costco, or CVS or even websites that I can add a picture to my profile. I would think this is possible and if so can anyone please tell me how??

The other question I have is that I want to get iMovie and make movies from my pictures and them save them on a
    Flash drive or CD. I don't think my pc be fast enough to save to a CD cause I don't want to spend forever saving the work, if the iMovie would even work on my pc. Is there a flash drive or adaptor that I can use to save directly to the flash drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,295 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    For picture uploads.

First, check the App Store to see if your site has it's own app. That's the best choice when available.

Second, iCab Mobile will let you upload pictures to some sites. It is not 100%, but there is a good chance.

I don't have a good answer for you second question. There is no direct way to save to a CD or Flash drive. There are a few peripherals like AirStash that would probably allow you to save a movie to an SD card, after it had been exported to the Photos app.
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    As to the second part of your question, I made a short movie in iMovie on my iPad and exported it to my NAS drive, no computer involved, I can now see it on any computer/device anywhere where I have a connection or I can download it.......I'm not sure if that helps you or not?

The Archangel