What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!!!!! Need help obtaining Pictures from my IPad!!

TLR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My PC drive crashed. I have obtained a new setup, but now it's time to sync my Ipad of course it wants to erase everything on it to input the new version of Itunes. If i click yes, the I will loose all of my pictures on my Ipad. How can I migrate those photos some where else. Emailing would take forever. Can anyone assist with this problem??:confused:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plug in iPad to pc....if iTunes auto opens then close. Another popup should ask if you want to transfer pics. If not goto
My computer
Right click Dcim drive that should be located on this screen
"transfer pics"

If unable to do all this, then download the trial version of
DiskAid Transfers Files to iPhone, iPad & iPod touch, USB External Drive
And transfer your pics this way.....

Hope that helps...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It won't do that on a Mac, though you can open iPhoto and import, or use the often overlooked Image Capture program.

Another method would to be to get an app like PhotoSync. It has several ways to get the photos off your iPad and back on the computer, including the ones that were in albums. I don't think the previous methods will import anything but what's in the DCIM folder.

Pictures that were synced through iTunes may be at a lower resolution when stored on the iPad. So even though you can recover them, it is never a good idea to think of the iPad as a good backup of your pictures.

Last edited:

Most reactions