Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Susanne71, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Susanne71

Susanne71 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a PC owner, and the iPad is quite challenging to get used to.
    I have already synched my iPad to iTunes initially, and once more (I've owned the iPad for one month). How often should I do the synching?? and does it matter whether I turn on iTunes before or after connecting my iPad to the computer?
    P.S. I am a senior citizen and much of the technology is way over my head!
  2. SeanDillon

SeanDillon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the forum. I just started here and hope to learn lots as well. As far as syncing goes, I thin in the two months I have had mine, I have done it twice. Since I do t really download a lot of stuff, I don't see why I should sync more often. Maybe one of the vets can shed more light on it. Good luck.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 0
    Hi, Susanne, and welcome to the forum! Good to "see" you here...

Truthfully, how often to sync and backup the iPad is a personal choice. We have people on this forum who've owned the iPad for a very long time and have never hooked up to iTunes except for the one time [to activate it]. It really depends on your level of comfort and how up-to-date your want your information to be. I, personally, try to do a transfer of purchases and a back-up at least once a week....

It doesn't matter if you have iTunes on or off when you connect the iPad. It will "find" your iPad regardless.

Hope this helps and again, welcome!

Marilyn