What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member waiting for my iPad 2 to come in the mail

Ladibug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so excited to be getting the iPad 2!!! It was my birthday this weekend and my hubby went to buy me one, but every store in the area was sold out!!! It's ok that I have to wait a couple of weeks...because I'm getting one, yay!!!

I'm not new to Mac but I've only played with the 1st gen iPad at the store. I'm definitely a manual reader and am exited to find out what it can do that I don't know yet. That's why I joined here, I want to get the full experience of my new toy :)

Ladibug

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Ladibug, I'm pretty sure you're feeling like a kid waiting for the candy store to open :).

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Since you are a "manual reader" (thank you!), then I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

Once you get your iPad, there are a few more places to get the manual--

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

OP
L

Ladibug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks C-4 I'll definitely download the PDF file. I have an iPhone 3G so I know the basic OS for Mac. However, I don't know all the goodies that the iPad will come with or all the things it's capable of doing with add-ons and apps. Do you know if all the manuals are the same? Or should I get all 3???

Bluray, you have no idea, unless you had to order yours as well. It's like being in the candy store but having to wait because I want the smaller candy and all they have is the big stuff :)

OP
L

Ladibug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!! I love ladybugs and my name is with an "i" instead of the normal "y" so there you have it :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of those manuals have essentially the same information, it is only the presentation format that is different.

Happy reading!

OP
L

Ladibug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting my iPad today!!! The local Best Buy got some in and they are holding one for me. It was simple to cancel my online order as they haven't shipped it out yet. Now I just have to get to Best Buy and pick it up!!

Serious happy dance in progress!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts