What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wasn't gonna buy a new toy today

caferacer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got an email from my local apple store about a lecture about ipad2 for a small business. I went today and met some nice people there. I know it's sold out everywhere, and I know i'm going to get it later this year. I could wait.
At the end of the session, a manager brought some cards and told us there are some for sale. And here I am. I'm ready to learn about my new toy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I had a similar experience when I bought my iPad1 - when I enter an Apple store it's as though I've gone into some sort of trance and my heart takes over from my brain and .... and .... out I came with my new iPad.....

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome CafeRacer! Lucky you! You are going to find out just how much you like this little device! or maybe how did you ever live without it! This is the best place to find out just about anything you need to know about the iPad, so you are off to a great start. See you around!

Chiky

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums!! Even though I wouldn't recommend the iPad for business.

Siouxzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I so understand where you are coming from when you had posted those words, HD. I never knew I wasn't living before I found my true love (the iPad). It has truly become my other right hand. I am a full time student and this little device has already been a wonderful option for all things academic. Now, only if this were around the FIRST time I was in college...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Welcome to the iPad forums!! Even though I wouldn't recommend the iPad for business.

Why? I accept that it's not a complete standalone device but due to unexpected health issues I have been running a Ă‚ÂŁ3m project from my iPad, I have only had to crack open my laptop on a couple of occasions over the last four weeks. The apps are out there to do most things and continued development means that what isn't available now is coming along fast. I would have probably thought the same as you five weeks ago but necessity sometimes throws up unexpected results.

The Archangel

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Why? I accept that it's not a complete standalone device but due to unexpected health issues I have been running a Ă‚ÂŁ3m project from my iPad, I have only had to crack open my laptop on a couple of occasions over the last four weeks. The apps are out there to do most things and continued development means that what isn't available now is coming along fast. I would have probably thought the same as you five weeks ago but necessity sometimes throws up unexpected results.

The Archangel

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad!! But for business I just think that a MacBook Air would be better.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad!! But for business I just think that a MacBook Air would be better.

Hey that's cool, I'd never diss anyone who picks a MacBook of any flavour.......and those Air's do look sweet!

The Archangel

OP
C

caferacer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the messages. I don't even have a smartphone yet,so all apps and a touch screen are new to me (almost all people around me have those).

I look forward to learn a lot from here!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, that comes down to the individual's requirements before you can even start comparing which is "better", doesn't it?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Well, that comes down to the individual's requirements before you can even start comparing which is "better", doesn't it?

Yeah, it is.

Most reactions

Latest posts