What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member Movie Question

gpjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I am a new member with very little experience. I just bought the Ipad 2. I just bought a movie and downloaded it to the Ipad. If i delete off the Ipad and then later want to put it back on, will I have to pay for it again? Or can I just download it with out paying for it?
Can I share the movie with my family on their Ipad? If so how.
Thanks in advance.
GPJR

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your questions, here's Apple's FAQ about rented movies...

iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Based on this advice the short answers to your question would be yes, no and no...

Can I delete a rented movie before the expiration date?
You can delete the movie prior to the expiration date if you want to make more space on your hard drive, iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. However, the movie will automatically disappear from your iTunes library 24 (or 48) hours after you've begun viewing it.

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

• If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
  • If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you're likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

Most reactions