What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad2 won't charge

lstrom2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a YEAR of waiting and saving, I got my new 32 GB WI/FI 3G iPad 2 on Tuesday, plus a lovely blue Smart Cover. I charged it for many, many hours (overnight plus, with the enclosed wall charger) and still no charge. Hooked up to iTunes...nothing; the site doesn't even recognize that there is a device connected. Hubby exchanging it for me today. Has anyone else had this problem?

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems the problem looks like the same with me, but my brother sent it back to the apple. The USB detected but it can not re-charge. Now I have to wait for the replacement.

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vinvan said:
It seems the problem looks like the same with me, but my brother sent it back to the apple. The USB detected but it can not re-charge. Now I have to wait for the replacement.

Hello if you have this problem with iPad2 connected to a Windows PC it's normal. The USB port of Windows PC doesn't have enough power to charge the iPad2, but if you remain the iPad connected to a PC during 1 or 2 hours you can see that the battery icon show more power that before.

Troll1678

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Corrupt USB cord

When I purchased my iPad2 and got it home, I used the included USB cord and iTunes didn't recognize my iPad.

At first I thought it was the iPad itself but then I used the USB cord that I use with my iPod and I finally got the iPad initialized.

So make sure it isn't the iPad itself!

Enjoy the Summer,
Chuck

Most reactions

Latest posts