1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad2 won't charge

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by lstrom2, Jun 4, 2011.

1. lstrom2

lstrom2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After a YEAR of waiting and saving, I got my new 32 GB WI/FI 3G iPad 2 on Tuesday, plus a lovely blue Smart Cover. I charged it for many, many hours (overnight plus, with the enclosed wall charger) and still no charge. Hooked up to iTunes...nothing; the site doesn't even recognize that there is a device connected. Hubby exchanging it for me today. Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. vinvan

vinvan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems the problem looks like the same with me, but my brother sent it back to the apple. The USB detected but it can not re-charge. Now I have to wait for the replacement.
  3. SC25

SC25 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello if you have this problem with iPad2 connected to a Windows PC it's normal. The USB port of Windows PC doesn't have enough power to charge the iPad2, but if you remain the iPad connected to a PC during 1 or 2 hours you can see that the battery icon show more power that before.
  4. Troll1678

Troll1678 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Corrupt USB cord

When I purchased my iPad2 and got it home, I used the included USB cord and iTunes didn't recognize my iPad.

At first I thought it was the iPad itself but then I used the USB cord that I use with my iPod and I finally got the iPad initialized.

So make sure it isn't the iPad itself!

Enjoy the Summer,
    Chuck