What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Trade-in Survey Makes for Interesting Reading

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
1724-1415825610-15f496dd9dd0dd709b7e7bd27274ddb7.jpg

Phone Arena reports today that according to a new survey from Compare My Mobile in the UK, 12% of owners of pre-2014 iPads have already traded in their iPad for an iPhone 6, and 8% have traded it in for an iPhone 6 Plus.

While these figures are not necessarily very significant, they do show that some iPad users consider a larger iPhone to be a suitable replacement for their tablet. It’s interesting to note that there are actually more of those iPad owners surveyed opting for the smaller iPhone 6 than the larger one, when you might have expected it to be the other way round.

However, Phone Arena also notes that the big increases in trade-ins for iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina display, at 220% and 250% respectively, following the announcement of the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3, show that the vast majority of iPad owners are very content with their tablet, and not looking to trade it in for an iPhone, whatever the size of the phone.

Source: Phone Arena

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I find phones simply too small to work for me for anything other than using them as an actual phone. The iPad's screen size is a perfect combination of size and ease of handling. But that's just me.

Most reactions