1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad 1 User - Couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by jordanashley, May 20, 2012.

1. jordanashley

jordanashley iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me.
    I have just bought 2 iPad 1s for about £150 each, which I thought was a pretty good price.
    I have heard stories about the first gen iPad slowing down a lot after the installation of iOS5. Has this been sorted with iOS5.1? Does the first gen iPad still run ok with the latest OS installation?

Any thoughts on the price I have paid would also be good. They are 16GB WIFI.

Thank you,
    Jordan
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Hi Jordan,

All I can tell you is that my iPad 1 runs fine on the latest version of iOS, I'm sure that others will tell you different......!

The Archangel
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733 / 0
    My sister bought my iPad1 off me after I got the iPad3. I put iOS 5.1 on it before I turned it over to her and she has since run the Over-The-Air update to install iOS 5.1.1 on it.

She is pleased as punched with it and has reported no problems to me. Other than the "how do I do this?" questions she throws my way, she is truly happy with the iPad1 and it's working great for her.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn
  4. Rperez414

Rperez414 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My experience has been that iOS 5 made my ipad much faster for web browsing and everything else is the same.

Congrats on the ipad 1 purchase. For websurfing and reading books this is still a great device. It may not be retina but the screen is still gorgeous.