What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Google Maps App Coming Soon to iOS

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Google has today announced via its official Google Maps blog that it has just released a new Google Maps app for Android, which will also soon be available on iOS. Google says that the new version of the app “builds on the design we released for iPhone last December and improves on it with a few useful search and navigation features.†The app, which will be the first dedicated Google Maps app for iPad, is designed to make it easier and faster for the user to explore and to get to the places that they want to get to as quickly as possible. Among the new app’s highlights, as listed by Google Maps blog, are Explore, whereby you can discover new places without even having to type in the search box - all you have to do is tap to see cards with suggestions of where to Eat, Drink, and Shop; and Enhanced Navigation, which introduces the ability to tap on reports of traffic problems to see details of the incident, and also a feature that alerts you when you’re driving if a better route becomes available, and even reroutes you to help you get to your final destination quicker. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Google Lat Long: A new Google Maps app for smartphone and tablets

Last edited by a moderator:

tristandcarroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got Maps on my iPad. It is excellent, however I'm noticing some choppiness and slow loading times. Google putting more resources into their own Android maps???? I think so! Although I don't blame them since it is their OS and I can't complain really since the overall quality of Google apps for iOS is excellent.

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if street view is included or not? I thought it was supposed to be but I haven't found it so far.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know if street view is included or not? I thought it was supposed to be but I haven't found it so far.

It definitely includes street view. Check out these screenshots.

image-4289017968.jpg

image-1662449749.jpg

image-4207957621.jpg

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scifan57, it's good to see that street view is there. But for some strange reason I can't see any icon to start it up. On my PC I use a small orange man icon to get into street view, but I am seeing nothing like that. I must be missing something that's obviously right in front of me.

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...and just a little shout out to Michigan! Part of Google Maps commercial highlights Michigan: Comerica Park--Home of the Detroit Tigers! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan57, it's good to see that street view is there. But for some strange reason I can't see any icon to start it up. On my PC I use a small orange man icon to get into street view, but I am seeing nothing like that. I must be missing something that's obviously right in front of me.

Thanks

After using the search function, follow these instructions to get to the street view of the location.

image-2673697362.jpg

image-1613320055.jpg

image-3167379563.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts