1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New folders for e-mail

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by lswhitega, Aug 9, 2011.

1. lswhitega

lswhitega iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I create additional folders (besides inbox, sent, drafts,trash). I want to move my e-mails for storage but know how to creat new folders. Boy I sure miss "right click"
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,695 / 0
    The iPad's Mail app is really just a "mirror" of POP or IMAP email accounts. If you have an IMAP account (e.g. Google), you'll have to set up folders in the account on the web. Then, when you run the Mail app, the folders will show.

For POP, I've not yet figured out how to get folders to show - AFAIK, you can't...

Marilyn
  3. johnh

johnh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately my Mail folders from my Mac do not come upon my iPad. I have tried to find mention of this, but no luck. Any ideas?
  4. Heaviside

Heaviside iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yeah---one of the biggest lapses in the iOS!

I keep hoping that each upgrade will add them, but Apple seems to be insensitive to the problem.

Maybe in iOS 5?